Aged care is not a “one size fits all” model
Your care needs are changing; maybe there was a fall with a fracture, maybe the wait for an appropriate level HCP is becoming unsustainable. Perhaps you have been told that you cannot go home safely…
Possibly the most confronting aspect of aged care services is when you are looking at needing to move into a residential aged care facility. Ideally, you will be making this decision from a place of control and choice. However, often this is not the case. Aged care is not a “one size fits all” model and the whole experience can feel overwhelming and confusing.
Commonly asked questions:
Can I afford it? What does it cost?
Will I lose, or run out of, money?
What is a RAD, DAP, RAC, DAC or MTF? Do I need or want extra services? Is this different to additional services?
What if I don’t like it? Can I move?
What am I entitled to? I used to get services at home, can I still access them?
Our experienced team can assist you with all your Centrelink / DVA requirements
At all times, you will need to let Centrelink / DVA know what’s going on, even if you’re self-funded. We haven’t met too many people who have enjoyed this activity … what forms to complete, what information to provide, what questions to ask, how to interpret the answers provided, and so on.
Our Centrelink/DVA service includes:
- Complete and submit an authority to enquire on your behalf
- Receive all correspondence (you get a copy as well)
- Ask questions on your behalf and advise of any changes to your circumstances
- Complete forms and statements on your behalf
- Act on requests and report back to you
- Maximise any entitlements and make claims on your behalf where necessary.
How can Family Aged Care Advocates help you?
- We meet with you and seek to understand your situation.
- We develop your Dignity Plan after meeting with you and your key people.
- We will produce an affordability options report which includes: cash flow projections (typically over 5 years) to meet your ongoing cost of care and any other living expenses, impact on your net wealth position and how to manage any emergent risks.
- Based on what you have identified as important we provide you with a report that gives you viable and appropriate options.
- We can help you visit the chosen facility and assist with the admission process.
- We work alongside you for a period of 6 months. That’s how long the process can take.